Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Why should we choose you to perform our Marriage?
A. There are many Celebrants in the UK some good and some not so these are some of the qualities and that past families and couples have commented on;
- Making ‘Your Wedding Day’ perfect is the focus of the day. I am aware of the time needed to create a beautiful bespoke wedding ceremony and I will only take on 1 ceremony a day.
- Plan for the unforeseen – I have a close relationship with a number of celebrants, so in the unlikely circumstances I am unable to conduct your ceremony, an alternative qualified celebrants will be able to step in and preside over your ceremony.
- Unlike many celebrants operating in the UK, I have been fully trained by the Fellowship of Independent Celebrants (FOIC) and have a qualification in celebrancy.
- My fees are affordable and realistic. As with all things in life, you get what you pay for. By working with me you are guaranteed a unique ceremony which has been lovingly created just for you. I never recycle previously used scripts!
- I am a very involved Celebrant. My role is not to ‘just’ deliver your ceremony; I am available to support you from the moment your booking is confirmed. In addition to providing ideas, guidance and knowledge I will:-
– Greet your musician(s) before the ceremony to ensure they know all of their cues,
– Review the Ceremony Script with your Photographer so they can plan how to get the best photos possible.
– Introduce myself to the Best Man, Maid of Honour, and anyone else who has a role to play and offer instruction so each knows what they need to do and when.
– Meet up with the Bride before the start of the ceremony to answer any last minute questions and offer reassurance.
- Simply put… I will help in any and every way I can.
- I have a calm approach to ‘stress’-this may not seem like something significant but I have found that, my couples like the fact I don’t rush through the Ceremony and that my style is more laid back – I take my time, and let you know what to do and say every step of the way. I have dealt with nerves before so I will do my best to help you relax and enjoy every minute of your Wedding.
Q. Before we make our decision, we’d like to meet you, is this OK?
A. Of course! I would recommend a brief chat so that you can make an informed decision as to whether I am the right person to write and deliver your personalised ceremony. Although it is ideal to talk in person I am happy to use Skype and Face Time if this is more convenient for you.
Q. What do we have to do to be legally married?
A. Currently in England and Wales you will need to do the following:-
- Give notice of your marriage at your local Register Office
- The Superintendent registrar will issue an authority for your marriage and you’ll need to submit your completed marriage notice forms to the Registrar of Marriages in the area you wish to marry in
- You can arrange your legal marriage to be whenever you want, before or after your celebrant led wedding ceremony. Or if you want your ceremony to be in Staffordshire please look at the pilot scheme I am part of in combination with Staffordshire County Council.
- It should only take approximately 10-15 minutes, you will be required to repeat a legal declaration and sign the marriage register along with two witnesses
- You don’t have to exchange rings, and you can even wear jeans!
- The legal marriage at the registry office varies but is around £47 plus extra for your certificate
Q. Are there any time restrictions for our ceremony?
A. None at all! You can enjoy a celebrant led ceremony at any time, day or night.
Q. We don’t want a religious naming ceremony, but can it be spiritual?
A. The beauty of a celebrant led ceremony is it can be exactly what YOU want. Part religious, non religious and/or spiritual.
Q. We’d like to get married outside, is this possible?
A. Unlike registrar led marriage ceremonies, a celebrant led ceremony allows you the freedom to enjoy your day anywhere you like at any time you like. Inside, outside or even above the ground in a hot air balloon! The options are endless.
Q. Do you perform marriage for same sex couples?
A. Definitely! As long as a couple are in love and willing to make a commitment I am more than happy to conduct their wedding ceremony.
Q. I am divorced and have children, do you deliver second marriage ceremonies?
A. Of course, plus I have some great ideas for how to include the children in the ceremony.
Q. What do you charge?
A. I have a range of services available and am happy to discuss your ideas and requirements with you before providing a competitive quote.
Full Ceremony Wedding – From £680
Full Ceremony Vow Renewal – From £680
Full Celtic Handfasting Ceremony – From £680
Naming Ceremony – From £400
Forever Family Ceremony – From £400
Funeral Ceremony Writing Service – From £100
Pet Memorial – From £75
Funeral – From £170 (Funeral Directors usually arrange payment)
Travel expenses will be charged at a reasonable rate.
If the ceremony is to take place within 28 days of the booking, full payment will be required.
Q: How do we book our ceremony and guarantee our date?
A. Once you have your date email or call me to check I’m available. After a chat either in person, by phone, through Messenger, Skype or Face Time, you’ll have 7 days to decide if you want to go ahead with your booking.
If you decide to go ahead and book me you will need to do the following:
- Complete the booking form (which will be emailed to you after you’ve made your decision)
- Pay a non-refundable deposit using BACS.
Once I have received the completed booking form and the deposit you are booked!
We can now get on with the adventure of planning your perfect ceremony.
if you would like to discuss your special day further please